Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Shirts and Shoes Required!

Do you think anyone actually reads that sign?
NO... they don't! And might I add that it is ALWAYS the ones that you don't want to see without a shirt on! It's not like a hottie with a body is going to walk in the store half naked. We get the fatties who are daddies. Not that there is anything wrong with being fat and a dad- but cover it up in public please! A family came in last night, the dad AND son were shirtless. Way to set an example dad, geez. Also, I see more and more kids with no shoes on in my store! I will admit, from time to time if I'm in the office doing work or standing at a register, I will take my shoes off for a short period of time. There is no excuse for a small, young child to be barefooted in a grocery store. We've found needles (either diabetes related or drug related) in our parking lot before... your child steps on that and gets AIDS or hepatitis=NOT my problem.


Moving right along...

Tonight my boyfriend's family had a 20th anniversary extravaganza for their local Chevy dealership. I saw a hand-full of my grocery store customers... people who only see me in my work clothes. It is so strange to me that people don't recognize me sometimes without my work clothes on. I do own normal clothes, you know! I see you every.single.day of the week... It's meeeee, ya little grocery girl! They act like it's as if they are seeing a fish out of water! They might double-take, squint, or even over look! I don't ever speak first, unless I know them on a more personal basis (like a GOOD regular). I mean, what am I supposed to say?! "Hey... you probably don't even know my name, but I see you everyday at the grocery store I work at. You know... you always buy Banquet meals and Coors Light, pay with a debit and never want your receipt..." They'd think I had lost my mind! So I just act like I don't recognize them most of the time. It's not mean, it's just awkward, okay?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Voice your opinion, I can take it!