Friday, March 25, 2011

Quickie

One of my favorites-

This 70-something male customer (frequent shopper, I see him often) came up to the office desk one day for a lottery ticket. I don't know his name, don't know any details about regularly purchased items of his, basically this story is so funny because this is such a bland customer. He is very, very quiet and kept to himself. Anyway, back to the story. He comes up to the desk and asks me for a Cash5 for that night. I'm in the process of printing the ticket, ringing him up... throughout the whole transaction he doesn't say anything other than "Cash5". At the time, I had this barbie key chain (as shown above). Except the head of my poor barbie had fallen off, but the body still remained on my keys for days because I just couldn't part! My keys were in the office cash register, right where this little old man could see. As I was handing him his ticket and thanking him, he pointed at my headless barbie and mumbled "she wasn't listening to you, was she?"

... yeah that's the end of it. Maybe I just found it amusing that, of all the things he and I could have talked about, he chose my headless barbie. He is now one of my favorites because I underestimated his ability to stand out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Voice your opinion, I can take it!