Tuesday, March 22, 2011

It Takes All Kinds

As I mentioned in 'The Man in the Fish Hat', it takes all kinds of people to make up this world we live in. Working at the grocery store, I see every single kind of person.

The frantic and frazzled woman who is so rushed and stressed that it stresses ME out! The man who doesn't speak at all throughout the whole transaction except to tell me he forgot his MVP card at home (everyday). The cell phone diva that acts like a celebrity and when I ask for her MVP card she looks at me as if I am interrupting her important conversation. The abusive mother who's child is terrified to even look at the candy rack because the whole entire store heard her screaming from the dairy aisle. The frail old lady purchasing a case of Natty Light and a tall can of Railroad Mills snuff. The alcoholic young woman who never wants her receipt (evidence, duh!). The  s  l  o  w  customer and the in-and-out customer. The basket case lady who, as soon as she walks in the door, you KNOW is returning something for whatever reason (and what do you know, she has misplaced her receipt... again!). The customer that digs and digs and digs in her pocketbook for at least 5 minutes when, I KNOW, she doesn't have her MVP card (I don't even think she owns one, but she claims it is "somewhere").

I better start a whole new paragraph to describe this one:
The middle-aged lady who always wears a fleece, leopard print, floor length cloak and apologizes every 5 seconds for whatever reason: taking too long to load her groceries onto the belt, reluctant to find her MVP card but has found it after you scan yours for her, got $20 cash back but wants you to break up her bill after you've already closed the drawer. I know the most odd things about this woman. For example, her father collects pennies and she always wants to trade me a dime for 10 pennies. She calls the store at LEAST once a week to speak to my boss. I transfer the call to him anyway when I am certain he will always transfer it back to me to answer whatever question she has come up with. She needed 20 large boxes a couple weeks ago because she hired 3 men to come and paint her guest room (she needed the boxes for storage, I reckon). I haven't seen her yet this week, wonder what she's up to?!
Wow... excuse me while I go look for a life!

1 comment:

  1. Girlfriend,I have not seen you in forever! When I first saw your picture, I did not even realize it was you! Hope your doing good:)

    ReplyDelete

Voice your opinion, I can take it!